24 October 2018

becca "be a light" palette




Long time no see! I feel like I start every single one of my post like this. But now, when the holiday season is slowly beginning I feel like starting over again with a wish list would be out of order haha.

Back in June when I celebrated my birthday spending all day with my sister (and no, this time we did not end the day randomly in Spain) this gorgeous Be a Light palette from Becca was one of my birthdays presents from her.
Before I write an honest opinion about this I just want to mention that the packaging and overall look of this palette are gorgeous!

The palette contains 4 products - brightening powder, blur powder, blush, and contour. It comes in two shades and I got mine in a shade light-medium. The consistency of those powders is very similar to the "Hydra-mist set & refresh powder" from Becca. It does a good job of setting your foundation or concealer but leaves your skin feeling...wet? If you ever tried it you would know what I'm talking about. The powders are not as soft and creamy as I would love them to be and you need to massage your brush quite well into the product for the powder opake to show off. The powders look gorgeous on the skin once you apply them but after just about 4 hours you need to powder it down again. However, if you have a dry to combination skin I'm sure that the blurry, glowy but not oily effect will last you longer. I don't mind being a little bit shiner at the end of the day but I know for a fact that this palette will not work out for people with oily skin.
Moving on to the contour. It's a easy use, cool toned contour powder which isn't like I previously said as soft and creamy as I would wish but it's definitely doing a great job I nose contour and as an eyeshadow.  Last but not least, the blush. This is without a doubt this is the most beautiful blush I ever had. It doesn't have a shimmer in it but it makes your cheeks illuminating! The color and consistency of it are just on point.
Summarizing, if you have a dry to combination skin and are all about natural looking, glowy skin then go for it. However, if you got your standard really high and are more into intense makeup looks I don't think this is going to be your favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment